Pre-selection and admission criteria
Pre-selection and admission to the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree QEM programme are made on the basis of a combination of factors, including academic excellence, motivations document, English test score, and prior experience, if any. The admissions process involves a holistic review of each applicant's entire case file. No particular factor is assigned a fixed weight; rather, the process involves an assessment of each individual applicant's talents, achievements, and potential to succeed in the programme.
Most Important criteria are:
- Degrees obtained. it is recommended that applicants provide additional information like brief course description, course credits, number of allowed hours for all mathematical and economical courses of their previous studies in their Curriculum Vitae.
- Certificate of proficiency in English.
- Transcript of records, translated in English if it not edited in the same language.
- Motivations: "statement of purpose" explaining your reasons for applying, background, your intentions after this degree your Preferred mobility, and if you apply to the Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
- Any relevant publications, dissertation, or project work, if any.
- Two reference letters.
For more detailed information about the selection criteria click here.
Extra notice: The selection committee may take into account the reputation of the institution from which the applicant graduated.
Evaluation and application ranking
The selection committee reviews each applicant's case file and assigns them an assignment of "A", "B" or "C". The significance of these letters are as follows:
- assignment of "A" means the applicant is accepted to the programme conditional upon the receipt of all the required documents by regular mail.
- An assignment of "B" means the applicant is on the waiting list. When this assignment is changed, applicants shall receive a notification by e-mail.
- An assignment of "C" means the applicant is not accepted by the programme and this assignment is definitive for the current academic year.
The applicants will be notified about the result of the evaluation by email only.
Erasmus Mundus and Consortium Scholarships award
Applicants awarded a Consortium Scholarship are notified after being assigned a ranking "A".
Applicants eligible for and awarded an Erasmus Scholarship are notified by the Consortium university they have applied to.
For information on other sources of funding, see here